i was planning on writing out a long post about all the amazing things that have happened since i've started raising support, but it is currently 1am, i procrastinated, and i have to work tomorrow. i still hope to write out those stories because i never want to forget them, but until then, i will just say God has taught me a lot about Himself through this process. asking people for money, or help in general, makes me uncomfortable, but i knew i had to have help so i've stepped out and asked anyway. and what do you know, Jesus is a really good guy and has not let me down.
i will give you the highlights:
a one way ticket to hawaii for $163(!!!).
college friends randomly sending me hundreds of dollars.
an incredibly successful instagram auction that raised nearly $3500 in 24 hours. from mostly people i don't know.
an unexpected job at the church as the interim secretary. which has secretly always been my dream.
and the ability to show up in hawaii with the first 3 months already paid for.
i cannot actually believe that i have already raised so much money in such a short amount of time. i never dreamed i would. i am incredibly grateful for all the people who have given already and i wish i could thank them with their own trip to hawaii. one day if i am as rich as oprah i will do just that.
i leave for kona on wednesday, and as i already mentioned, the first 3 months are completely paid for. this is nothing short of a miracle. we have about a month to raise the remaining 3 months which pays for the outreach portion of this trip. i've been asked to raise $6000 for outreach to ensure that all of our expenses are covered. as you can imagine, i am tempted to be nervous about raising 6000 more dollars but mostly i am like bring it on. when i told a good friend of mine that i was going to YWAM, she was obviously excited for me, but mostly she was excited that i had to raise money. this conversation happened over the phone but had it happened in person i would have been giving her a blank stare. i don't know many people who are excited about raising money, but she was sure it was going to be an incredible faith building experience, and boy was she right.
i would like to outline some ways that you can support me if you are interested.
- paypal option A - the donate buttonon my blog sidebar, right over there ------------> is a yellow button that says donate. you do not have to have a paypal account, just a credit or debit card, to use this option. it goes straight to my paypal account where i keep it until i'm ready to make a payment to YWAM. the downside to this option is that i have to pay a fee once i receive the money, which adds up after awhile.
- paypal option B - send money to friends and familywhen you log into paypal there is a button on the top toolbar that says "pay or send money." if you click that, it will take you to a new screen where you can select "send money to friends and family." if you have a bank account linked to your paypal or you have a balance in your paypal account, there are no fees that have to be paid with this method. if you don't have either of those things, it will ask you to pay the 3% fee to send the money. please feel free to just use my donate button if you don't want to pay the fee.
- YWAM payment A - the credit cardyou can also make a payment straight to YWAM. using t h i s l i n k, you can donate using a credit card, but not a debit card. please do not change the name that is automatically written on the first page, or the donation will not go to me.
- YWAM payment B - an electronic checkusing the same link above, you can donate with an electronic check. this will ask for your bank routing number (which you can find on the bottom of your checks) and account number and takes 2-3 days to transfer. i have made all my payments to YWAM this way and have had no problems at all. it is a secure website.
- the good old fashioned way - a checkif you would like to donate using a check or cash, please email me at lifeasaneskimo (at) gmail (dot) com and i will send you my address.
lastly, i recently sent out these postcards to remind people to pray for me while i am in hawaii and overseas. if you would like one, please email me your address and i will get one out to you. my incredibly sweet and generous friend katy made these postcards for me out of the goodness of her heart of gold. she will punch me right in my face for saying this but she has an e t s y s h o p where she sells beautiful prints. i have gotten a lot of them because i'm obsessed, so i encourage you to hop over to her shop and look around. thanks katy, you're one in a million.